Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2015

My Beauty Room


My Beauty Room

So now that I'm happy with the way my beauty room looks I thought I would do a little post about it.


I currently live in a 3 bedroomed house and have no children at the moment so I am quite lucky to be able to have a room like this.

I've had this room fully set up the way it is in the above picture for about 6-9 months now, it is by far my FAVOURITE room in my house .. shock ha!
I bought the furniture and accessories in the room over a period of time and kept adding little things I found now and then. 
 
Being a typical girl I love shoes and own a lot and was starting to realise I had no where to store them all, I also didn't really like keeping them in boxes as it didn't look pretty. I wanted somewhere I could store them well and believe I got the idea from watching Keeping up with the Kardashians, to store them on some sort of shelving. The bookcase was the first piece of furniture I bought and set up in my room, I then placed all my shoes on it and immediately fell in love! This then gave me the idea to turn this room into my own little beauty room when I can store all of my stuff.
 
I did not know exactly what I wanted to do with the room until I came across a picture of a dressing table with lights around it on Instagram and HAD T0 HAVE IT!
The dressing table was a Christmas present from my mam, it came with a glass top which can be removed but I keep it on as it is perfect for when doing your makeup.
I then went on to purchase the mirror and lights myself, the lights are not the easiest though as if I remember they do not come with a plug on the end and are not the easiest to fit so you will need an electrician to help. Thankfully my Uncle is one so it was not too bad. Also you can't change the bulbs at all but they are meant to last, so fingers crossed they do.
 
 The set of draws to the left of the dressing table are perfect for storing makeup, I believe a lot of beauty bloggers/makeup artists have these draws as they are very popular. I store all of my makeup in here and a bit in the acrylic draws which sit on top.

                                 


All of the furniture is mainly from Ikea and a lot of the decorative accessories like the picture, makeup brush holders and flowers are from Next. (Side note I love Next Home ha)
All of the furniture is flat packed and will need to be built but it is pretty straightforward and comes with instructions, saying that I got my partner to build it all for me .. I don't do DIY ha.

I use this room to mainly store all of my makeup, beauty products and shoes but do also do my makeup in here. I love nothing more than sitting at my dressing table and doing my makeup.

I have posted links to all of the furniture at the bottom of this post and included a few more pictures :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment